Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memed?

When I logged on to complete the post I've been working on in snatches, I found that I've been memed by Naomi! Answering the questions is pretty fun - I just don't know 6 people who have blogs and haven't yet been memed.

The rules: Are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer. Play nice, children!


1. What was I doing 10 years ago? I was living in my town home in Kirkland, working as a Community Service Officer with the Seattle Police Department, and had been seeing George for two years by that time. In my job, I was completely involved in the Neighborhood Action Team Seattle, which was a sort of "one-stop-shop" for coordinating responses from a variety of City departments to neighborhood issues. We did some very good work at coming up with fresh strategies, and made some long-term contacts. I stopped rowing crew in spring of that year to correct my deviated septum with a septoplasty, then I never rejoined the team. Four of us rowing women periodically organized a gourmet dinner for ourselves and our partners. We met at a coffee shop to plan the menu and decide who was responsible for which dishes one week, then the following weekend spent a day shopping, cooking, then sitting down to eat a four course gourmet menu. It was a lot of fun to learn new cooking skills with others.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today - not in any particular order? Get my yogurt parfait breakfast, meet with my manager, vacuum and fold clothes when I get home, sew in ends on a pair of socks that I added new toes to, and complete my new Karen Alfke linen cuff socks so I can wear them tomorrow.

3. Snacks I enjoy: Mrs. May's Almond Crunch, cinnamon-sugar pita chips from Trader Joe's, sliced cucumbers with light ranch dressing, Kashi 7 grain crackers with Trader Joe's hummous, Luna bars, Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar, and nearly anything with cinnamon or chocolate.

4. Places I've lived: Kansas and Missouri before we moved to Washington. We lived in a rental in Bellevue while our house was being built in the area now called SeaTac, then in Riverton Heights, Kirkland, and Kenmore. While going to school, I lived in Pullman, then later in Staufen and Prien, Germany.

5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Pay off my house, and get the landscaping completed, buy George a motorcycle garage with a dirt track and lots of insurance, gift my friends & family according to their dreams, donate to Humane Society and Planned Parenthood, buy a vacation home or two, and take my friends traveling with me - if they want to go! I'd also be knitting, but that's no different than now. I might also buy matching recreational single shells for George and I so I would get back on the water.

6. What are some jobs I've had? Babysitting; sewing (tailoring new garments & alterations); fast food in high school; retail sales at fabric store; a summer with Fotomat in one of those tiny parking lot booths; wiring diagram draftsperson at Boeing; sales; management; buyer at Frederick & Nelson; commission sales of new technology: Fax machines! Since reaching adulthood, I've actually had at least four careers! I currently work as a tax collector, and in my spare time, I occasionally help people sort through their clothes by organizing closets and drawers with them and making recommendations for their wardrobe shopping.

7. People I want to know more about:
Janine, Karen, Kristin - I know this isn't six, but they are who I want to know more about!

And I actually have another post nearly ready, finally!

No comments: